This is to be held on the 15th of November. More details below.
Please contact me if you’re interested in attending.
High stakes decisions, performance expectations, ambitious projects, adversity, balance, prioritisation, transition and change. We’re all living and working under uncertainty, stress and pressure.
Rather than just surviving, what can we do to thrive in these environments as individuals and teams?
In an interview style format, you’ll hear from two of Australia’s most respected performance coaches:
- Dr Chris Gaviglio, Head of Strength & Conditioning at the Queensland Academy of Sport, and
- Jonah Oliver, one of Australia’s top performance psychologists
It will be an in-depth exploration of the principles, tools and strategies for physical and mental recovery.
We’ll be talking about lessons learnt from elite performance for individuals and teams and how they can be applied at work, at home and in our daily lives.
[Proceeds from this event will go to the Leukaemia Foundation]
This event is for people who:
- Have a passion for high performance for themselves and their teams
- Are seeking tested strategies, tools, habits and routines to better manage everything from energy levels to decision making
- Are looking for insights that are typically only shared with elite athletes and performers.
In this session you’ll hear:
- Lessons from diverse experiences: from athletes to surgeons, from racing car drivers to executives
- How these lessons can be applied at work and at home
- How to manage and optimise recovery for individuals and teams
- How to create a systematic approach to rest and recovery to be able to perform when it matters most
- The concept of periodisation and how it can be applied across daily, weekly, monthly, yearly routines and disciplines
- The danger of the myth of “always on” and what can be done about it
- And much more.
About the guests:
Dr. Chris Gaviglio
- Head of Strength and Conditioning at the Queensland Academy of Sport
- Nearly 20 years of strength and conditioning training experience with Olympic sports and professional codes (Wallabies, Gold Coast Suns, QLD Maroons Rugby League)
- Applied sports science researcher into performance biomarkers, blood flow restriction training and warm-up and peri-competition strategies
- Product designer/entrepreneur: Thera-wedge, Backsak and the Sports Rehab Tourniquet
- Speaker and consultant on enhancing human performance: From World Class to World Best
- Husband and father of two.
- One of Australia’s leading performance psychologists
- Combines sport psychology and neuroscience to facilitate peak performance
- Nearly 20 years working in high performance from Olympians, executives and professional codes (Brisbane Roar, Gold Coast Suns, Essendon), to car racing teams (Porsche – Le Mans World Champion, V8s), indigenous performing artists and surgeons
- Executive coach
- Author, speaker, consultant on talent identification, leadership and organisational performance around the world
- Husband and father of two.
- Date: 15th of November
- Format: 60 minute interview/discussion + 30 mins Q&A
- Will begin at 7pm sharp to conclude at 8:30pm
Brisbane Broncos Clive Berghofer Centre [Their new training facility]
81 Fulcher Rd,
- Tickets: $65 each
- Drinks & food available afterwards at the Broncos Leagues Club